Name.com is growing, which means they’re hiring. They’re looking to fill several positions, including:
- Linux Systems Administrator
- PHP Developer
- Web Designer
- Administrative Assistant
All of these positions are in their Denver offices. Kellie Peterson, Director of Marketing & Operations at Name.com, contacted me today asking if I knew anybody with an interest in these positions. I thought they might find somebody among the readers of this blog. In my opinion, this is a great opportunity for anybody looking to work for a company in the growing and highly profitable domain name industry.
Please find the detailed job listing below:
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator / Hardware Support Specialist
Description: We are a Denver based, ICANN accredited, domain name registrar. We are currently looking for someone to handle the administration, hardware, and security of our Linux and OSX Based IT infrastructure. Our company is a small team of individuals working closely together with each of us filling an important role. Our office is casual and the work environment is fairly relaxed and enjoyable.
The ideal candidate for this position is a passionate Linux enthusiast that is able to work closely with developers and others to implement and maintain hardware and software solutions that meet the needs of a dynamic company in an ever changing industry. You should be able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently and, should they come up, be able to find solutions to issues with which you may not have much experience.
This position is open to candidates with a wide range of experience. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to an automobile.
* knowledge and experience with the Linux OS
* experience setting up and installing servers and server hardware
* knowledge of networking concepts and the installation of networking components – both software and hardware
* experience with installing, setting up, and customizing Linux based applications
* knowledge and experience with Linux, networking, and application security
* knowledge of Mac OS X a plus
* experience working with hardware and software vendors
The following is just some of the software and hardware that you will be in contact with and will more than likely be in charge of setting up and maintaining:
* Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL, PowerDNS, Qmail, LDAP,
* Bind, DHCP, Iptables, etc.
* IBM Bladecenters and Blades
* Nortel Layer 2-7 Switches and other networking devices
* Other miscellaneous hardware and software
For consideration please include a cover letter / email discussing your qualifications and interest in the position.
If you’re interested in this specific job or in any of the other positions listed above, please get in touch directly with Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First spotted by Dominik