We developed many popular free WordPress themes and generate revenue by selling premium, paid versions of them. The business is 100% managed by an outsourced company who developed the themes and only minimum maintenance required
How does your business make money?
100% of revenue comes from sales of themes. We release custom made free themes, which are now used by close to 15K websites. All free themes have a paid version, the business makes money when users upgrade to a paid theme.
Why should someone buy this business?
Well Established WordPress theme directory, with all proprietary developed themes, over 10K free theme users. Hundreds of clients – all automated.
How can the future owner improve this business?
Put more effort into marketing!
- Try paid traffic (we’ve never tried due to lack of experience and expertise in it)
- Work on SEO to increase traffic. The site has DR Ahrefs 84 – very high due to thousands of links from sites using the free themes.
- Submit the themes and site to many free themes directories, or sites like ThemeForest to get more sales.
- Develop more free and paid themes – can be done using our team, with some reasonable investment.
- Offer customized services – we get many such referrals for bigger dev projects, but these revenues are not included here.
- Sell WordPress plugins and other add on services.
Why are you selling this business?
We buy, manage and sell different businesses at Domain Magnate. That’s our business model.
- Brand and Community Loyalty
- Customer Service
- Evergreen Niche
- High levels of Automation
- Outsourced Order Fulfilment
Opportunities for a new owner
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Develop New Features
Where is the site hosted and does this need to change after purchase?
The site is hosted on a WordPress hosting, we will provide 2 months of free hosting and a free website transfer and setup if you move the site to one of our recommended web hosting companies. We’ll also include the hosting account and all other accounts, so you don’t need to do anything technical.
How will I manage it if I’m not a developer?**
Included with a sale is a contract with the development company who will continue managing and operating the business for you for a small fee. They respond to emails, support requests, maintain social profiles and update the site as well. This is the company that originally developed the website and the themes.
What are the primary traffic sources of the site?
WordPress.org, Google organic, social, direct, free themes
WordPress is the software of choice for 33% of all sites on the Internet and shows no signs of slowing down. All website owners want to have a nice looking, custom theme, instead of using the default ones.
- $22K in profit in the past 12 months
- 15K active websites using our themes according to data from wordpress.org
- Five-star reviews from hundreds of customers
- Fully managed business with outsourced team included
- High quality, evergreen themes
- Many underoptimized and underutilized resources. In urgent need of an experienced marketing person to grow it further
- Huge industry and major opportunities for expansion
- Contracts (written or verbal) with customers and suppliers
- Custom technology
- Social media accounts
- Website files, source code and content
Skills / Work Required:
- General Business Administration
- Awareness of WordPress Themes and Plugins Market (helpful but not required)